Optiom Inc. complies with all applicable unclaimed property legislation in each of the jurisdictions in which it operates.
Procedure for confirming and collecting unclaimed property in British Columbia:
Where the last known address of the owner is in British Columbia, the property becomes unclaimed if the owner is not located within 12 months of the property becoming unclaimed, as prescribed by applicable law.
Optiom Inc will maintain a database of unclaimed property in British Columbia for the following time periods:
• 6 years if the property value is less than $1,000;
• 10 years if the property value is between $1,000 to $24,999;
• 30 years if the property value is $25,000 or greater.
For amounts of $200 and more, Optiom will make reasonable efforts to locate and notify owners.
Reasonable efforts may include:
• Attempt to contact the recipient by mail or phone at the last known address.
• Contact policy holder’s broker or agent, if applicable.
• Contact the claim adjuster, if applicable.
• Use of other resources where available.
Please send your inquiries to:
3201, 308 4th Ave SW
Calgary AB, T2P0H7
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1-800-613-3705